Sat, Oct 21|
Great Oak Center for Wellbeing
Introduction to Ecotherapy Training 12CE's
In this training clinicians will become able to help clients attain a deep and meaningful experience of connection with themselves and with nature by taking therapy outdoors.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2023, 9:00 AM – Oct 22, 2023, 3:00 PM
Great Oak Center for Wellbeing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
About the event
Introduction to Ecotherapy: Integrating the Healing Power of Nature into your Practice
Research now proves what has always been deeply held and practiced by indigenous peoples, that living in harmony with nature is not just good for the planet, but essential for all of us to be healthy and whole.
In this training clinicians will learn to help clients attain a deep and meaningful experience of connection with themselves and with nature by taking therapy outdoors. This training will introduce practitioners to the core principles and theories of ecopsychology, indigenous wisdom, as well as practical and ethical issues when moving therapy out of the office. In addition, we will teach ecotherapy interventions from different theoretical frameworks and facilitate participants practicing with each other.
Saturday, October 21st from 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Sunday, October 22nd from 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Location: Springbank Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19119
Cost: $425 and $400 for NASW members and students
Scholarships Available to BIPOC practitioners or those serving primarily low income indivduals through agencies in Philadelphia. Please email a paragraph stating your name, where you work, what population you primarily serve and a brief 2-4 sentence statement of how you'd like to connect this training to your low income clients. Email to email@example.com
- Participants will get a foundation of Ecotherapy principles
- Participants will develop skills to use Ecotherapy in their outpatient psychotherapy practices
- Participants will practice Ecotherapy with other clinicians
- Participants will gain familiarity with indigenous practices around land acknowledgements
Training Objectives: At the completion of this 12 hour program participants will be able to:
- Discuss historical roots of the development of ecotherapy and identify 3 theories supporting the therapeutic rationale for taking clients outdoors.
- Connect with an indigenous concept of our relationship with nature
- Understand how different modalities (ie Gestalt, CBT, Narrative, Family Systems) can be integrated into Ecotherapy
- Identify how nature metaphors can be used therapeutically to help clients gain new insights into their issues.
- Understand the different ways eco-therapy impacts different cultural groups
- Practice ecotherapy techniques, including mindfulness, in small group sessions
- Be able to identify locations suitable for practicing nature therapy
The Training Will Include:
12CEU’s available for LCSW’s, LPC, and LMFT’s.
Morning Coffee available please Bring Your Own Lunch
Lauren Kahn, LMFT, Nathan Schlingmann, LPC, Heather Hill, MSS, LCSW and Krista Nelson MA
October 20th and 21st 10:00-3:00 on Springbank Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19119
12CE Fall 2023 Training 10/21 10/22$425.00
Only for current NASW members$400.00